September 2021 – we are updating our website. As a result, some information is incomplete. Please get in touch directly when you want more thorough information than is currently displayed. Contact details are both at the foot of this paragraph and the bottom of the page. Apologies for the more protracted method. Thank you for your patience / endurance.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Tel: 0333 123 1332; Mob: 07971 865036
Courses for 2021
As remote and hybrid working is set to continue, we have shaped these courses to reflect the relevant needs:
Raising and Restoring Confidence
- What’s changed? Does anything concern you now that didn’t bother you before?
- How is any dip in confidence manifesting?
- Describe the blockages to optimum confidence as a physical presence – sight, sound, smell, taste and texture.
- What do you want to retain and why is it important?
- Is there anything from pre – 2020 that you would prefer to discard?
- What difficulties have you overcome in the past?
- The relative attributes of your best and worst ever managers.
- How are you managing yourself by comparison?
- How do you want to be?
- Recognising what Increases and decreases our feelings of well – being.
- Radiators and drains -considering the people in your life. How to insulate against the drains.
- Worries – ways to take control
- What do you say to yourself?
- When do any negative messages switch on, or are they a constant hum?
- Are any old scripts re- emerging?
- Understanding what generates behaviour.
- How to re – tune to a more positive programme.
- Incremental steps to confidence – the power of small challenges and changes.
- How to set the most useful objectives
- Identifying the relevant personal permissions.
- Recreating times of maximum confidence and positivity.
- Reviewing and reshaping times of negativity.
- Qualities of assertive and confident communication
- Visual – body language and facial expression
- Vocal – speed, volume, pitch, clarity and inflection
- Verbal – words
- Assertive techniques – basic, persistence, negotiation / empathetic
- Summary, review and questions
- Action planning
Creating a Communications Strategy for Team Cohesion and Connection
Remote working means that we need to construct an environment both for efficient dissemination of information and the more informal conversations that are integral to working life. This session looks at ways our digital selves can become more effective and comfortable in order to support the team dynamic and cooperative, collaborative working relationships.
90 minute course outline
- Conducting a video conference for maximum participation
- How a video conferencing affects interpersonal communication
- Timing and frequency of team meetings
- What does the team need to develop and enhance working relationships?
- Formats for more informal interaction
- Group and small group collaboration – possibilities for problem solving and creativity
- Maintaining and developing the working relationship dynamic
- Improving the the sense of interactive working
- Reduction of separation anxiety
- Opportunities for fun and spontaneity
Remote Communication to Benefit both Manager and Team
Sometimes there’s no “off switch” with remote team management. The urge to support people and be available must be structured to help productivity, team members and also managers’ own needs. In this one – hour session, we consider methods and relative purposes of communication, how to be visible and approachable whilst maintaining suitable clear time for yourself.
One – hour course outline
- Methods and timing of communication
- Clarifying and conveying availability for general questions and specific issues
- Explaining response times to emails
- What team members should do in case of urgency or emergency
- Planning and distribution of tasks
- Systems for collaboration with shared information
- Providing feedback
- Mutual understanding when and how to knock on management’s door
- Reassurance for the team about availability of management support and guidance
- Streamlined information distribution
- Stress reduction
Critical Factors in Maintaining Motivation
Levels of motivation generally surged as we embarked on the changes brought about by Covid 19. However, fluctuations can set in, especially during times of uncertainty. Managing these helps people to maintain consistent quality, both of output and working life.
This two – hour session focuses on the fundamentals of motivation with some ideas of ways to sustain and revive flagging spirits.
Two – hour course outline
- Comparing motivation theories
- The effects of change and transition
- Ways to motivate at different stages
- Shaping motivation to suit different personality types
- Motivating through positive communication and high level listening
- Help to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Better working atmosphere
- More constructive team attitude
- Ability to “style flex” according to individual approach
Managing Remote Teams in the 21st Century
Current circumstances mean that either entire or parts of the work force are working from home. Physical separation brings challenges for performance standards and team cohesion. This half – day course addresses the essential skills on both operational and interpersonal levels to help people adapt and achieve the best outcomes.
- Welcome, introductions and objectives.
- Overview of remote working – challenges and opportunities.
- Understanding your team dynamic, awareness of strengths and development areas.
- Overview of management styles and situational leadership.
- Maintaining motivation and trust levels
- Being visible from a distance – the crucial role of consistency.
- Creating a communication strategy, common understanding of methods and timing.
- Rewarding positive behaviour and addressing any negative.
- Recognising the needs of different personality types.
- Conducting video conference meetings for optimum engagement.
- Offering encouragement and emotional support.
- Creating a safe space for expressing problems.
- Collective identity, cohesion and connection – opportunities for the firm to interact.
- Summary, review and questions
- Deeper appreciation of critical factors in remote management.
- Understanding of management styles for different situations.
- Remote communication strategies to support performance standards
- Recognition of ways to strengthen and support the team. © Candida Bowman 2020
All outlines are in the “courses” section of the website
OUR BACKGROUND AND PRINCIPLES
Candida (Candy) Bowman is a soft skills training consultant specialising in confident communication for business, management and personal development.
Starting her training career in media sales, Candy has lead teams from a senior management role, devised and developed companies.
Candy’s training engages the principles of emotional intelligence and personal effectiveness.
Her ethos is that the most effective way to support business growth and quality of working life, is through a culture of healthy communication by positive, confident people who enjoy their jobs. A key fundamental is cooperative, collaborative relationships, which improve both productivity and team cohesiveness.
The dual objectives of confident communication by happy people and buoyant business dovetail into the registered trademark:
Putting a Smile on the Customer Interface TM
To discuss your training needs, please get in touch:
Telephone: 0333 123 1332
Mobile: 07971 865036